Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Gotcha Day!


One year ago today, David and I were on our way to the Memphis office of Bethany Christian Family Services to meet our son. I can hardly believe that was a year ago. I remember being so incredibly nervous. What would this little person look like? What would he act like? What would he smell like? Would he like me? Would he attach to us?

...and about a million other things. 

We got there early and had to fill out a lot of paperwork and then we sat. And waited. And heard the bell on the door ring that someone had come in and we knew that was him. When they brought him in, I immediately burst into tears and couldn't believe the beautiful little boy that God had planned for us all along. 

We are so thankful for the blessing that he has been in our lives and how God has used him to teach us so much. For our full adoption story, read here.

(top photo taken by our friend LeLe who lived in Memphis at the time and was kind enough to come over the day after we brought Ezra home...well, to my sister's home!)

No comments: