Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

yesterday was the day to celebrate moms and all that they are to us. how they raised us and supported us and in my case, how she has become one of my best friends.


we spent the weekend in birmingham with my family (we will get to celebrate with david's mom in a couple of weeks). we had a fun saturday night just hanging out with mom at the house, ordering in food from her favorite restaurant. and then on sunday, we went to granny's house. i was kinda bummed because we had planned to go on a picnic but apparently we live in london, so we opted to move it indoors.

anyway, what always happens happened, and that is all the girls wound up gathered around a table telling stories and laughing til we cried. whether it be stories of mom and aunt gina growing up or liz picking up her elderly neighbor's poopy diaper in the rain, my face hurt by the end of the afternoon. i love all of these women so much. they are so much more than family...or, rather, they are exactly what family is supposed to be, but is such a rarity in our society these days.

so here's to my mom...and all the other moms in my family. and in yours.

2 comments:

Greta said...

Sounds like a blast.

And I should hear more about Liz picking up your neighbor's diaper. Sounds tasty.

elizabeth said...

makes me gag just to think about it.