for most of my life, thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday and i take personal offense when people start celebrating christmas too early, because - c'mon people! respect the turkey. it's just such a wonderful day to be reminded of all the things we are thankful and grateful for. i will never forget on thanksgiving day 5 years ago (2 days before mine and david's wedding) my brother and sister-in-law told us they were pregnant. then, 9 months later along came caroline. and today we have 6 nieces and nephews! i am definitely thankful for that! and here are a few more things...
- the gracious work of God in my life and His continuing mercy day by day as He molds me (despite my sometimes bitter resistance) to become more like Him. seriously...thank you is not enough for that one.
- an amazing, supportive husband who wants nothing but the best for me.
- for our sweet baby we don't even know yet, and their birth parents for being willing to go through a very difficult time because they wanted to choose life for their child (and i don't mean that that we will give them a better life...i mean that they chose to allow their child to be born, to live)
- for not one but 2 incredible families that we get to call our own.
- for our community in birmingham that makes living here so spectacular. everyone should be jealous. we have the best friends in the world.
i also have certain friends that have the craziest family stories. what better time to bring out the crazy than at the holidays...anything you are particularly thankful for or perhaps a ridiculous family story?