Monday, March 18, 2013

How to Remove a Tough Stain

A while back, my mom found a stain on her linen couch and - having a linen couch myself - I got so sad for her because I didn't think it would come out. She didn't seem too upset. She just walked into the laundry room, brought back a bar of soap and a wet paper towel and gently rubbed the stain and as soon as the dampness dried it was all gone. 

Come to find out this is a remedy that my grandmother used all the time...Ivory soap. It gets everything out. And I mean everything. I have used it to get out red wine, blood, grass stains, strawberries and blackberries to name the toughest of stains. It is truly amazing. And so cheap. I also make my own laundry detergent and instead of Fels Naptha, I use Ivory in my mixture.

P.S. I actually just cleaned a lot of blood out of David, Ezra and my own clothes last night after little man had a mean run-in with a friend's coffee table. After a few hours in the ER and 3 stitches everyone is doing just fine.
top photo c/o Ivory

1 comment:

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Buying a new couch soon and I've been thinking about linen. Definitely going to have to remember this! :)